Friday, April 5, 2013
Sarah Burger's Response 5
The reading I did not get to read when assigned but wanted to go back to this week was the Debbie Miller Chapter 5. I really enjoy reading Debbie Miller's book Reading with Meaning and was bummed that I did not have time to read that chapter on schema when it was assigned. Having read the chapters before and after chapter 5, I wanted to go back and fill in the missing piece. After going back and reading it this week, I was able to get one step closer to reading the entire Reading with Meaning text. I was also able to gain insight on how to teach children about schema and how to model and get children to use their schema. Without reading this chapter now, I would have had to go back to it in the future when I have my own classroom and want to teach schema. By reading the chapter this week, I was able to take notes on the important topics so in my busy future as an elementary teacher I will already have a list ready of how to teach schema.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment